Field Application Engineer
Saki America Inc., headquartered in Fremont, CA, a leader in automated inspection equipment, seeks two full-time Field Application Engineers (FAE), one in the Fremont, California headquarters and the other for the Eastern and Southern United States. The FAE will support the VP of Sales and Service for North America in equipment installation, training, maintenance, and other services at field locations.
The FAE will provide technical/customer support and maintain positive relationships with existing and future customers. Strong analytic abilities and problem-solving skills are a must in order to understand customer applications and troubleshoot issues. The FAE will perform demos and presentations to customers and agents as well as assist in trade show activities. Candidate must have a minimum of a 2-year technical degree, experience in AOI, SPI, and X-ray inspection, and strong verbal and written communication skills. The position requires the ability to travel about three weeks per month. Must be a US citizen and be able to lift up to 40lbs.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and all inquiries to email@example.com.
- Communicate with customers and sales representatives using phone, voice mail, email and other tools in order to fully understand customers' applications, perform equipment installation, process assistance, training, support, maintenance, troubleshooting, and services at customer sites.
- Perform product and process demonstrations and presentations to customers, agents, and colleagues, as well as assist with trade show activities as needed.
- Mentor, assist, and lead development of other Saki personnel in regard to technical and customer service aspects of job responsibilities, including Saki's CRM database system.
Assist in product selection, sizing, configuration and pricing of Saki products to fit the customers' application.
- Support the quote and order placement process to ensure timely and accurate information is provided to the customer and/or order entry.
- Assist customers and Sales Representatives with special application requirements not covered by the Saki standard product offering using the defined process to assess technical and commercial viability.
- Assist customers and Sales Representatives with any complaint, using the formal customer complaint process when appropriate.
- Provide training to customers and sales representatives at the showroom and/or by traveling to field locations.
- Keep current with technological and competitive developments.
Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to improve customer satisfaction.
- Provide leadership for continuous improvement initiatives and/or special projects.
- Work with factory and development teams and communicate new product ideas from customers.
- Supplemental position functions that are not included among the essential duties and responsibilities in this job description, but that may be deemed necessary or desirable to the successful fulfillment of the job function and scope are also requirements of this position.
- Be aware of customer situations and potential business for Saki when visiting and communicating with customers, and inform and collaborate with Sales and other departments to assist in capitalizing on such business opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Education: Two-year technical degree (four year degree preferred) or equivalent experience. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Minitab.
- Experience: Ideal candidate will have experience in running and programming AOI, SPI, and X-ray inspection systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Working knowledge of computer-based business applications.
- Understanding of SPC collection and usage in a manufacturing environment.
- Problem-solving skills and use of tools such as 6-sigma electronics and electromechanical troubleshooting capability.
- Ability to use Internet and related tools for downloading software and possess solid understanding and capabilities in file management concepts.
- Position requires up to 75% travel (3 weeks/month).