Field Application Engineer
Receive customer or sales representative inquiries regarding the company's products and/or services. Review inquiry and research to obtain necessary information from policies, procedures, and other documentation. Coordinate problem resolution with appropriate department(s). Inform customer of response and/or problem resolution. Maintain relationships with customers to support ongoing business and enhance customer satisfaction.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and all inquiries to email@example.com.
- Communicate with customers and sales representatives using phone, voice mail, email and other tools in order to fully understand customers' applications, perform equipment installation, process assistance, training, support, maintenance, troubleshooting, and services at customer sites.
- Perform product and process demonstrations and presentations to customers, agents, and colleagues, as well as assist with trade show activities as needed.
- Mentor, assist, and lead development of other Saki personnel in regard to technical and customer service aspects of job responsibilities, including Saki's CRM database system.
Assist in product selection, sizing, configuration and pricing of Saki products to fit the customers' application.
- Support the quote and order placement process to ensure timely and accurate information is provided to the customer and/or order entry.
- Assist customers and Sales Representatives with special application requirements not covered by the Saki standard product offering using the defined process to assess technical and commercial viability.
- Assist customers and Sales Representatives with any complaint, using the formal customer complaint process when appropriate.
- Provide training to customers and sales representatives at the showroom and/or by traveling to field locations.
- Keep current with technological and competitive developments.
Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to improve customer satisfaction.
- Provide leadership for continuous improvement initiatives and/or special projects.
- Work with factory and development teams and communicate new product ideas from customers.
- Supplemental position functions that are not included among the essential duties and responsibilities in this job description, but that may be deemed necessary or desirable to the successful fulfillment of the job function and scope are also requirements of this position.
- Be aware of customer situations and potential business for Saki when visiting and communicating with customers, and inform and collaborate with Sales and other departments to assist in capitalizing on such business opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Education: Two-year technical degree (four year degree preferred) or equivalent experience. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Minitab.
- Experience: 3-5 years combined experience in customer and technical support; 5-7 years of SMT manufacturing process with SPI and AOI understanding.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in running and programming SPI and AOI systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Working knowledge of computer-based business applications.
- Understanding of SPC collection and usage in a manufacturing environment.
- Problem-solving skills and use of tools such as 6-sigma electronics and electromechanical troubleshooting capability.
- Ability to use Internet and related tools for downloading software and possess solid understanding and capabilities in file management concepts.
- Position requires up to 75% travel (3 weeks/month).